Saturday, February 8, 2014

Fleeting Fleet


Amongst the glamour state of 20-30s, we are always  searching for something, anything to satisfy an ease of comfort, safety and assurance. Its a rocky phase. We are lost. Some of us are dreamers, whilst some of us just don't have dreams and live by the day, carpe diem. 

Just two days back, I came across an old article dated 2 years back. An interview with Alexandra Schulman on her first novel :" Can we still be friends?". It is probably my next "to do thing" to slap on my sticky notes on my refrigerator to remind myself that one is always allowed to have a restorative day. My kind of restoration is a good book, raindrops pelting on my window and I lose myself somewhere between words and caffeine in my white comfy sheets. That being said, I am still looking forward to having a day all by myself, work-free. 

Shulman says she remembers well that strange territory between late adolescence and proper adulthood. “Your jobs are precarious, you don’t have your own family yet and you have this feeling of floating. I can remember that time in my life when I had no obligations or responsibilities. I could have traveled anywhere,” but there was never any money, and no friends available to go, she says. “That age comes with its own set of problems. You are so free, but I never felt free.”

Her words hit me. It was right there, the right words to define the situation of every lost person entering adulthood. I then realized I will always be trapped in this even until I find myself and then like what J. Anniston says :" Everything will fall into place when you do." 

No pictures today. Just a sudden urge to pen this down. :) Life's been good. COLD but good. Leaving you with her book to grab off your nearest shelves x

Till the next time,
 signing off with love, The White Rabbit <3



No comments:

Post a Comment